Monday, October 27, 2008

Difference Between Kemotherapy And Radiotherapy

First impressions, first disappointments, first surprises

Puh. This was another tiring. Four days of food, four days of games, four days of fun. Unless I'm mistaken my little clever little book, I've played in the past four days, 30 different games. That is read 30 rules or learned and collected 30 first impressions. I had a blast.

But since I did not so selfish am, as some people say now and then again, I would like you to share my impressions of course a bit. I explicitly point out that most of the following thoughts for a maximum of one lot of the game were created. I was unfortunately not enough time to play all four to five times. I'm terribly sorry ;-) But anyway:
  • We have started on Thursday at the stand by Ravensburger and our first, a "Club Diamonds" by RĂ¼diger Dorn caught. At first glance, a slightly scaled-and family-friendly version of " Goa " (market in the middle, only three development boards, ...) the game has to offer but a few surprises. Like so much to me, for example, the supply mechanism for the market better than some auction variant in other games. The design of the individual gardens / parks with their plot is somewhat simple fall, but the game has made all of us a lot of fun. A good opener.
  • In contrast, we have "The Name of the Rose " by Stefan Field (also published by Ravensburger) do not like. "A pimped" Heimlich & Co '"was the almost unanimous opinion. You try to keep the monk's possible suspicion and the other players as long as possible to leave one in doubt who you sponsored. Everything was already there. Even the bonus points at the end of the game if you can guess who was, then, that player's color, was taken over by Wolfgang Kramer game from 1986. Too bad.
  • We went to Queen Games. After I had gotten last year, no " Wabash Cannonball " (OK, let's be honest, the eye plays with it. I just wanted any!), I was excited to " Chicago Express " by Harry Wu, the big fall game on Queen. And I must say the wait was worth it. A functional, yet beautiful game plan than the original actually make eye causes cancer. The mechanisms and rules were not me, fortunately new, but the sample game I still really and fully completed last. I should have remembered that shares only in the end nothing more cash during the game but certainly have their uses. So I did not even once that happens, I have a copy for training taken home.
  • The large pavilion in Hall 5 of the British Empire we " Confucius" (which appeared at Surprised Stare Games) by Alan Paull and allude to " Monastery " from the Ragnar Brothers. Although the latter is no longer brand new, but I felt it yet not possible to take a closer look. It was worth it. Those looking for an intricate tile laying game with nice depth and some fantastic ideas, which may not pass on " Monastery. "Confucius " may turn out completely ignore other reasons you. This game captures simple, from the first minute. The interesting idea to buy vegetables in the favor of his teammates (and the emperor) by gifts that have very skilful combination of these gifts with the vote in the various ministries at the court and the number of available actions myself nor the rest of the day the game to think . Let Just to be safe: This is a very good sign. I actually feel very happy after about games. Unfortunately we did in the exhibition hype just under a third of a game, but that will surely soon be corrected. to get
  • In Fantasy Flight Games / Heidelberg in Hall 9, I've done it is neither a "Battlestar Galactica " by Corey Konieczka, still play the thing at all times! Only a few shy glances at the only (?) Available demo version was granted me. We have six of
    a lot of 'A Touch of Evil "by Jason Hill, published by Flying Frog Productions played. ... hm ... well, it was not so great. The fact that each round, the distance to move his character with a determined and W6 at Ner diced 1 also draw another Event card must be, should have let me be clear hearing. So we have just under 2 hours (it is just not on when others want to play the game to an end ...) through the pampas and finally defeated the Headless Horseman made another head shorter. Independently of the beautiful game materials, the game unfortunately nothing that makes me look for a lot more standing outside.
  • In contrast to ' Space Alert "by Vlaada Chvatil, published by Czech Games Edition. The author of "Through The Ages "(published in 2006 by Czech Board Games) is hereby landed my opinion, renewed a really big game. Cooperative games are a hobby of mine. Each game of this genre should be in my eyes with the top dog" The Lord of the Rings "by Reiner Knizia appeared to attach the cosmos." Space Alert sees "in this comparison, first one pretty well. the one hand it reduces the only real problem that cooperative games of recent years had, namely the risk that a player dominant the game in hand and not doing anything dictated by the time pressure and stress is added as another element. On the other hand, it brings interesting and new mechanisms as the "programming" of a train a la " Robo Rally " field. The first impression is excellent at least once before. In my opinion one of the two exhibition highlights on my list.
So, those were the main impressions of the first two days. In short, it then proceeds with the first thoughts on the games of Saturday and Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment